top of page
  • lcoventry9

Early foliage tests in Unreal

Trying to move over to a completely new software has been a bit jarring. Materials are laid out very differently compared to Maya, but I think I prefer Unreal’s layout after some using it. I created a series of different grasses to test out in the engine. I ran into issues with the vertex normals, which were correctible by changing some settings in both Maya with the asset itself and in Unreal with how the asset is handled.


I also started learning the landscape tool, which enables me to sculpt the ground as I need to. This has been extremely useful for working out the composition of certain shots and being able to tweak things as needed – for example, the resolution on my first landscape was way too low. I was able to rebuild it with a higher resolution very easily.


2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Bog Updates

After getting some amazing feedback from Susan and Lipin, I have updated my bog to have more depth and more solid ground planes. I looked at some great references I was recommended, especially Sky the

2D Art Progress

The past few days I have been working on producing the final drawings for my film. Some of these have several frames of animals, which are lineless to match my main characters – this has been a deviat

Comments


bottom of page